Thursday, March 21, 2013

47 BBQ and Dance

 Now Sally's turn in the queen seat, the least I could do.  A quick ride and then get ready for the BBQ and dance with the trail riders.. The crew had been working all day with preparations.  They had gathered all the picnic tables and carried them up by the museum.  Covered with white table clothes, looked pretty fancy. 


      We noticed String at the BBQ and stopped to say hi.   Funny, I thought he seemed taller this morning.  Must have been the hat, or maybe the guitar?   Maybe I will get a western hat.

     New neighbors arrived from Canada, Dan and Lise returned back from the Big Bend park just in time to get in the food line.  They both ride their own sport bike and have a campground in Cantley Quebec.  Will have to try and make it there sometime. 
     A bonfire by Paradise Acres gave us a chance to start some of our goodbys.   We had reached a decision to leave the next day after the trailriders gathered in front of the store for a group picture.  We had been getting some advice about our route, Eldon and Paul mentioned that the path we had chose would be cold, both Fort Davis and New Mexico. 
   In addition when bidding Eldon goodby he mentioned that we didn't have to leave, that we could change our minds, their was nothing making us go and tires can go flat.   Lots of reasons, we already felt bad enough.  We had grown very fond of the people, the land and the Stillwell park.  It would be hard enough to pull out tomorrow.





     Looks like rain, don't we wish.  


    Sorry, my mistake,  I guess String was sitting down.  I'm glad he's on my side. 

   

    I guess fair is fair, since I mentioned someone's illegal rock collection I had better fess up myself.  I broke one of the posted rules, not the Equine liability warning, Not the hiring of illegal aliens posted in the strore.   Not even a violatioon of the three minute shower rule.  I tried to follow the rules, I had nothing to gain, I didn't plan it.  It was a complete accident, 



                                            I apologize!



      Sleep well, tomorrow we hit the road my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment